Thursday 6 August 2009

NPS XC National Champs

What a weekend! One minute it was sunny the next torrential rain. Saturday was practice day. This was a hard course with one big up and one big down. It was a very technical climb with lots of roots off camber, rocks and of course lots of mud. Once you got to the top of the course the views were amazing but there was no time to admire them. It was time to descend, which was the hardest descent I have ever ridden let alone raced, it was the red run of a downhill course. Very technical, steel, big roots and a rock gully. Once you hit the bottom it was straight back to climbing, no rest bite on this course!

I had a good race. No mechanicals and I beat a few expert riders, which has given me the confidence, as this is where I’ll be next season. All in all an excellent weekend on a “proper” mountain bike course ~ Neil Hayward

No comments:

Post a Comment